IT Support Analyst Apprentice
Applications must be submitted by Sunday 6th January 2019 this should include an up-to-date version of your CV as well as a Cover Letter answering the following questions:
- Please explain why you are applying for this apprenticeship?
- What skills and attributes do you think you will be able to bring to Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden and this apprenticeship in particular?
- Why are you interested in working for Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden?
Job Title: IT Support Analyst Apprentice
Division: Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden
Location: Leavesden Studios
Reports To: Team Leader, EIS, Infrastructure Operations, Leavesden
Working Hours: You may be required to undertake work during evenings and weekends in line with the operating hours of the studio and the studio tour.
Duration: 18 months
Qualification: Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Application Deadline: 6th January 2019
PRIMARY PURPOSES OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Voice, Data and Audio Visual services to Productions. Permanent Tenants, WB Corporate Department and Visitor Attraction located Warner Bros. Leavesden Studios. Working closely with the onsite IT Support analysts, outsourced IT Service providers and the WBSL IT Operations and facilities teams.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a team in an often pressurized environment. The work will be extremely varied and the role offers an opportunity to learn about every aspect of technical services within a studio environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Over the course of your apprenticeship you will build your skills and knowledge to be able to successfully:
- Collate and tracking of voice, network and audio video service requests for WBSL Productions and Tenants ensuring timely delivery of services.
- Provide assistance to the IT Support Analysts with their daily duties.
- Work in a team of IT Support Analysts to provide on-site IT support at Leavesden for all WB corporate users, predominantly desktop hardware and software (PC and Mac), but with a good level of working knowledge of all key infrastructure components (servers & networks), applications including e-mail, file & print and voice services.
- Monitor all IT asset activity (installs, moves, adds and changes) to ensure an accurate asset inventory
- Providing on-site assistance to global server and network teams as and when requested
- Foster and maintain a good working relationship with various IT outsource groups including the global Helpdesk and offshore technical teams
- Assist with knowledge management for the Helpdesk, identifying gaps in their knowledge and providing relevant assistance.
- Maintain technical documentation, including training guides.
- Participate in IT projects as and when appropriate
- Under direction of the Leavesden Operations Manager, gather IT requirements, liaising with London-based Infrastructure team
- Ensure organisational adherence to IT policies, procedures and standards.
- 1st line general IT support
- Ability to cope under pressure from clients and colleagues, responding quickly and appropriately to requests, using own initiative and be prepared to ask for help and advice when necessary
- Effective team working is essential in this role, demonstrating strong team orientation, ability to work closely and well with other team members
- Resilient, tenacious, flexible, diplomatic, committed with strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to get involved
- Must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and own workload using a common sense approach
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs of the department and remain calm under pressure
- Commitment to gaining your apprenticeship qualification through attending college when required and completing related work
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Able to find information and resources as required
- Able to use systems and adopt new technologies
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK