HR Compensation and Benefits Apprentice
HR Compensation and Benefits Apprentice
18 month contract starting early 2019 – course: CIPD HR Support Level 3
Applications must be submitted by Sunday 6th January, this should include an up-to-date version of your CV as well as a Cover Letter answering the following questions:
1. What skills and attributes will you bring to Warner Bros and to the HR Compensation & Benefits Apprentice role in particular?
2. If your life was any book or film, which would it be and why?
3. What do you hope to achieve from your future career?
5. If you could give yourself a gift what would it be and why?
Who are we?
Warner Bros. released its’ first motion picture more than 90 years ago and is now a recognized leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of theatrical motion pictures, television programming, games, video/
The Warner Bros. Human Resources department provides strategic HR support and guidance across all its operating divisions based in the UK. Our role is to provide both the employee and employer with procedures and practices that protect and give guidance in all human resource related matters.
The Human Resources department is split into five main areas:
- General HR administration
- Employee Relations
- Compensation and Benefits
- Learning & Development
What part will you play?
You will assist and support the Compensation & Benefits (C&B) team. The C&B team is responsible for employees total reward across EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa). The role will assist the team with researching, analysing, making recommendations and reporting compensation and benefits data for EMEA.
- To assist the with the completion of the annual salary survey participation submissions for EMEA territories.
- To assist with maintaining and updating the internal salary benchmarking database (MarketPay) for EMEA territories and requesting new job profiles when required.
- To review promotion and adjustment requests in the HR portal ready for final comp review.
- Checking daily audit reports from our HR systems and escalating issues if applicable.
- To assist with maintaining and updating the benefits database (MercerGOLD) for EMEA territories.
- To remain up to date on the WB Global Mobility Policy and assist in the coordination of all expatriates and relocations within EMEA.
- Assist the C&B team with ad hoc report requests.
- Gain an understanding of company benefits (e.g. Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance etc) and HR systems.
- To assist with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for HR systems when required.
- To assist with the annual total reward planning review process within EMEA, including data cleansing/consolidation exercises, ensuring the relevant systems are maintained and up to date, and the accurate reporting of data.
- To remain up to date with legislative changes related to employee benefits and conditions of employment, and work with Manager C&B to provide 1st drafts of any employment policies related to compensation and employee benefits
- To ensure all C&B administration is completed in a timely, accurate, and organised fashion, with new processes developed to enhance this area.
- To provide support to the C&B EMEA team on the implementation of reward changes across EMEA.
- Assist the Executive Director, C&B in any ad hoc projects.
The Ideal Candidate
What do we require from you?
- Educated to A level or equivalent standard with grade C or above in both English and Maths GCSE.
- Technically competent, Intermediate or Advanced Excel preferred; willingness to learn and embrace new software
- Exceptional numerical, analytical and market research skills
- Data driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication; good telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience and confidence when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, can work independently and able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Team player
- Must be discreet, diplomatic and treat information within the department as highly confidential
- A positive attitude – someone who is going to make the most of this opportunity!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK