Finance Apprentice, Film Marketing Europe
Accountancy Assistant (AAT) Level 3 Apprenticeship
18 month fixed-term contract
Start date: January/February
Closing date: 5th January 2020
Who are we?
Warner Bros. Pictures is the studio who brought you Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts, Joker, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and Aquaman along with horrors like It and The Conjuring. We have offices in more than 30 countries and release films in over 120 international territories, either directly to theatres or in conjunction with partner companies and co-ventures.
The Warner Bros. Pictures International European Theatrical team works on over 20 major film releases in over 46 markets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The department encompasses two film pods working across media and digital marketing activations including Pan European advertising campaigns, a publicity team working on European Junkets and publicity stunt activations and a Creative Services team who produce standees and totems for cinemas as well as Digital Outdoor creative. Films on our slate for 2020 include Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman 1984, Tenet, The Conjuring 3 and Dune.
What part will you play?
The European Theatrical Marketing Finance Apprentice plays a key role within the department providing financial and administrative support for four very busy teams. This role requires an extremely organised self starter, with an exceptional attention to detail and analytical eye, who thrives in a busy environment. In addition this the role will necessitate the ability to multitask effectively, communicate with all members of the team as well as vendors and agencies and adapt to different management styles across the team.
Some of the areas you would be working across include:
- Working with SVP Marketing & Publicity, VPs Marketing and respective teams within the department and UK finance team on preparing, reviewing and monitoring EMEA Regional budget estimates and tracking for annual slate of films. Responsible for submitting monthly reforecasts to Burbank Marketing Finance team.
- Monitoring local territory ad pub budgets with VP Marketing and communicating weekly updates to Home Office media team
- Responsible for raising all the POs for the Marketing & Media Film Teams, Publicity & Creative Services department.
- Liaising with PHD and Merkle, our media buying agencies, to supply POs for all Pan European Digital Display Media Campaigns in order for media bookings to proceed
- Ensure that vendors’ invoices are paid in a timely fashion and proactively communicate status to relevant teams within department
- Ensuring that all open POs have been goods receipted ahead of the end of each financial quarter
- Responsible for setting up suppliers with correct payment terms on our system
- Working with distribution team and Marketing pods on Picture BO & Rev Cost charts, flagging any changes
- Assisting on Chase Media charts, working with respective Marketing pods to review media plans and imput Opening Weekend and in-season media activity, and monitoring any updates or changes
What do we require from you?
- Educated to A level or equivalent standard with grade 4 (previously C) or above in English and a grade 5 in Maths at GCSE
- Highly numerate and confident active user of MS Office (Excel / PowerPoint).
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail! Accuracy is key.
- Must be well organised, disciplined and be confident in the ability to prioritise workload and use time effectively.
- Pro-active, “can do” attitude – try something approach.
- Must be able to communicate with both finance and non-finance people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK