Apprentice Runner/Operations Assistant (Warner Bros. De Lane Lea)
Apprentice Runner/Operations Assistant – Warner Bros. De Lane Lea
18 month contract starting early 2019 – course: Business Admin Level 3
Applications must be submitted by Sunday 6th January, this should include an up-to-date version of your CV as well as a Cover Letter answering the following questions:
1.Please explain why you are applying for this apprenticeship?
2.What skills and attributes do you think you will be able to bring to Warner Bros. De Lane Lea and this apprenticeship in particular?
3.Why are you interested in working for Warner Bros. De Lane Lea?
Who are we?
Warner Bros De Lane Lea based in Soho, London, provides state of the art facilities for post-production for feature films and television. The facilities include two 4K HDR grading theatres, six networked dubbing theatres, ADR Facilities, café & Bar, preview theatre and 50 cutting rooms in the heart of Soho. The state of the art facilities and talented staff allow De Lane Lea to finish television and feature films to extraordinary levels of detail and creativity.
What part will you play?
To provide accurate, effective and timely office support to the Operations, Sales and Bookings team, clients on site and staff employed at Warner Bros. De Lane Lea.
Over the course of your apprenticeship you will build your skills and knowledge to be able to successfully:
- Provide support to the Director, Operations Manager and Client Relations Manager
- Act as a first point of contact to both internal and external visitors ensuring that they are given a positive image of the organisation
- Provide exceptional customer service and achieve high client and staff satisfaction when carrying out all tasks requested.
- Offering general office support as required whilst ensuring general office space is kept neat and presentable at all times
- Undertake general office duties including collecting tapes and kit, logging material, photocopying, answering telephone, filing and raising PO’s
- Able to use systems and adopt new technologies
- To provide the Stages with food and refreshments when required
- To run any errands requested such as delivering packages, buying food and drink outside WBDLL and keeping an accurate record and receipts of all amounts purchased and for whom
- Ensure all packages follow correct despatch procedures in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with operational, managerial and financial staff to ensure the seamless delivery of services
- Run the bar in the evenings as required
- To cover reception during breaks and lunch hours
- Adhere to the WBSL Health and Safety policy
- Responsible for handling cash and company credit card transactions
- Ad hoc duties as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to A level or equivalent standard with grade C or above in both English and Maths GCSE.
- Ability to cope under pressure from clients and colleagues, responding quickly and appropriately to requests, using own initiative and be prepared to ask for help and advice when necessary
- Effective team worker - able to manage relationships effectively and work collaboratively within a diverse team
- Resilient, tenacious, flexible, diplomatic, committed with strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to get involved
- Must have the ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks and own workload using a common sense approach
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs of the department and remain calm under pressure
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Understands the importance of Warner Bros. De Lane Lea’s values, policies, procedures and guidelines, including Health & Safety guidelines
About the Company
You may be required to undertake work during evenings and weekends in line with the operating hours of the studio and the studio tour. There will be a requirement to respond to emergencies in and out of normal working hours. You will be required to work some bank holidays.
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK