Apprentice IT Support Analyst
IT Solution Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
18 month fixed-term contract
Start date: January/February
Closing date: 5th January 2020
Who are we?
Warner Bros. released its’ first motion picture more than 90 years ago and is now a recognised leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of theatrical motion pictures, television programming, games and related products around the world.
Warner Bros. Technology Workplace Solutions is responsible for end user IT support in Warner House. This includes resolving issues with laptops or phones, helping with questions and installing new equipment.
The WBT Workplace team works predominantly from a Tech Bar on the second floor and also anywhere else in the building we are needed! Our key objective is to provide knowledgeable, friendly technical support for all of our IT users
What part will you play?
This position will be based within the onsite IT Tech Team and you will be responsible for carrying out the day-to-day duties of the Tech Team. You will learn how to provide day to day technical support to over 700 users based across multiple sites in London. There will be a requirement for the ideal candidate to work on the internal IT Tech Bar situated within Warner House.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a team in an often-pressurised environment. The work will be extremely varied, and the role offers an opportunity to learn about every aspect of technical services within a large global organisation.
- Provide assistance to the IT Support Analysts with their daily duties.
- Work in a team of IT Support Analysts to provide on-site IT support at Warner House for all WB corporate users, predominantly desktop hardware and software (PC and Mac), but with a good level of working knowledge of all key infrastructure components (servers & networks), applications including e-mail, file & print and voice services.
- Provide excellent customer service to all visitors to the internal IT Tech Bar.
- Assist users with “How Do I…” questions
- Ensure workstation readiness (phones, peripherals etc for new joiners)
- Monitor all IT asset activity (installs, moves, adds and changes) to ensure an accurate asset inventory and reporting
- Manage all new hardware builds and work on the Hardware refresh projects
- Foster and maintain a good working relationship with various IT outsource groups including the global Helpdesk and offshore technical teams
- Assist with knowledge management for the Helpdesk, identifying gaps in their knowledge and providing relevant assistance.
- Maintain technical documentation, including training guides.
- Participate in IT projects as and when appropriate
- Ensure organisational adherence to IT policies, procedures and standards.
- 1st line general IT support
What do we require from you?
- Educated to A level or equivalent standard with grade 4 (previously C) or above in both English and Maths at GCSE
- Natural interest in technology.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a team member.
- Committed to providing a high-quality customer focused service.
- Values the importance of building positive customer relationships to ensure effective service delivery.
- Can-do attitude.
- Able to use systems and adopt new technologies
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs of the department and remain calm under pressure
- Must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and own workload using a common sense approach
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK